Pupils benefit from a curriculum that gives them access to a broad range of subjects. Ofsted 2016
Our Curriculum Intent
Our curriculum provides a BROAD range of experiences for our pupils:
Our pupils’ backgrounds, our culture and our climate for learning provide the following drivers that underpin all areas of our curriculum:
- Challenge for all- all the members of our school community are challenged for growth on a daily basis
- Values- helps pupils to understand how to make decisions rooted in ethical and moral values
- Global citizenship– which helps pupils to see how they fit into the wider world and become responsible citizens
Our curriculum provides appropriate BALANCE:
- We believe that all children should experience the sense of success and accomplishment in a wide range of areas. Our curriculum therefore gives pupils an excellent combination of academic and personal development. Foundation subjects are equally as important as core subjects, and key skills are woven throughout the whole curriculum. Physical and mental well-being are high priority when we consider our curriculum design.
- SMSC development through our values– based curriculum also underpins all of our work and is monitored closely.
- We carefully balance the requirements for our pupils to reach national expectations in core subjects with our wider curriculum aims of providing a full spectrum of meaningful experiences. As a result, our pupils thrive.